Seeing so many end-of-year job change announcements on LinkedIn has me reflecting on my consulting business year and finalizing some 2019 goals. No matter who you work for, I think it is worthwhile to make a list of your accomplishments and create/revise goals on a regular basis.
Here is a short list of 5 of my accomplishments from 2018:
- Started ongoing work with several media companies. Varied projects included handling on-going audience development, vendor sourcing, GDPR set up, and database clean up.
- Picked up additional work with long-term client that enabled me to expand my hands-on knowledge of Hubspot.
- Earned my Hubspot Content Marketing Certification.
- Spoke at the MCMA Day in NYC.
- Increased my social media presence by publishing regularly on LinkedIn, Twitter and my work website.
For 2019, here are 3 of my business goals:
- First quarter, re-design my business website.
- Speak at an industry event.
- Find 1-2 more clients with challenging audience development, database, training or digital-related projects.
Set some goals to push yourself out of your comfort zone! Otherwise, the days become boring. I learn so much from asking questions every day, networking, attending events, engaging with others both inside and outside my industry, and reading a lot.
The journey continues.